Tasty Bean Burger
- 2 cans black beans, drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 TBSP. olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, or 1 tbsp prepared garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP. ketchup, mayo, or BBQ sauce
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Sauté olive oil with peppers, onions, garlic till soft.
- Mix into beans, stir. Mash leaving some larger chunks of beans.
- Form into 1/3 cup patties.
- Bake375⁰ F for 10 minutes OR grill on medium heat 350⁰ F for 8 minutes each side.
- Serve on a bun with favorite burger toppings.
Serving Size - one burger. Protein 7 grams Excellent source of plant-based proteins, fiber, iron, potassium, calcium, folate, zinc, thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus