- 5 ripe tomatoes cored and diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Dice vegetables. Add garlic. Add basil, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper to taste.
- Chill and serve with French bread or crackers .
Basil is an antioxidant with a great source of vitamin K, manganese, copper, vitamin A, beta-carotene, vitamin C, iron, folate, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Kids working the dirt, picking vegetables and preparing Cool Tomato Soup. Then they enjoyed eating the soup at Harrison Hill Elementary School in Lawrence with members of the Hancock Master Gardeners. #trim2fitness
Mary Ann Wietbrock RN MSN Wellness Coach